Theme Scientist is an easy to use A/B testing app for Shopify stores.
- A/B test 2 themes with different colors, features, content
- A/B test product attributes and images
- Analytics: Get stats on your tests to see which version wins
- Schedule a theme to publish at a specific time in the future
👉 Get Theme Scientist in the Shopify app store.
A/B testing is key to maximizing your conversion rate.
Why? Because split testing to versions of a page / theme / feature will show give you actual results on which performs better.
The app tracks: Orders, Sales, Adds to cart, Visitors, Sessions, and Page views.
How to A/B test a theme?
It’s easy with Theme Scientist:
- Duplicate your live theme
- Make a change to the new theme (like changing the add to cart button color)
- Choose the 2 themes to test and start the A/B test
- Check back in a few days and analyze your stats
How to A/B test a product?
Theme Scientist has you covered:
- Use the app to select a product
- Change the product attributes or image order on version B
- Start the test and let it run a few days
- Check the stats in the app to see which version is winning
How long to run an experiment?
The more traffic you have and the longer your tests run, the more accurate the results.
A good minimum time frame is 2 weeks so each theme version sees 1 day of the week.
A/B Testing Ideas
There are infinite possibilities to test, with each one honing in your optimal conversion rate a bit (or lot) more.
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Add to cart color (or size)
- Promotion bar (like free shipping vs brand messaging vs % off)
- Product page layout
- Navigating to cart page after add to cart, or staying on the product page
- Home page banner image (collage of proucts vs lifestyle image vs background + words)
- Product price
- Product title – try different keywords that name the product
- Studio style product image vs a lifestyle image
👉 Start A/B testing with a 14 day free trial