Theme Scientist is an easy to use A/B testing app for Shopify stores.
- A/B test 2 themes with different colors, features, content
- Analytics: Get stats on your tests to see which theme wins
- Schedule a theme to publish at a specific time in the future
A/B testing is key to maximizing your conversion rate.
Why? Because split testing to versions of a page / theme / feature will show give you actual results on which performs better.
The app tracks: Orders, Sales, Adds to cart, Visitors, Sessions, and Page views.
How to A/B test?
It’s easy with Theme Scientist:
- Duplicate your live theme
- Make a change to the new theme (like changing the add to cart button color)
- Choose the 2 themes to test and start the A/B test
- Check back in a few days and analyze your stats
The more traffic you have and the longer your tests run, the more accurate the results.
A good minimum time frame is 2 weeks so each theme version sees 1 day of the week
A/B Testing Ideas
There are infinite possibilities to test, with each one honing in your optimal conversion rate a bit (or lot) more.
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Add to cart color (or size)
- Promotion bar (like free shipping vs brand messaging vs % off)
- Product page layout
- Navigating to cart page after add to cart, or staying on the product page
- Home page banner image (collage of proucts vs lifestyle image vs background + words)
Shopify Performance Analysis App
We’ve analyzed and optimized hundreds of Shopify sites.
An issue we ran into in the early days was the lack of a good analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites… so we built one: the Shopify Analyzer.
General tools don’t care about your revenue, but we do.
If you try to get a perfect score on a general analysis tool you might end up uninstalling all your apps. Don’t do that 🖐
We built our scoring system based on actual optimizations you should perform on a Shopify site. Our scoring system is data backed by hundreds of Shopify sites we’ve worked on.
The app shows you what can be optimized on your site.
Analyze your Shopify site here: analyze.speedboostr.com.
If you need a specific solution that isn’t in the app store, or want to automate tasks in your business we can build you a custom app.
Let us know what feature / functionality you’d like and we’ll work on a solution.
Here are some ideas and examples of custom solutions we can build:
- Order processing – csv exports, custom emails, automated tasks
- Bulk price update – update prices by type or tag, for set time period
- Calculators – free shipping qualifier, total saved, etc
- Product uploading – allow partners or customers to create / upload products
- Related products – custom related products widgets
- Design custom product – allow customers to design their own product. Here’s an example: Custom Mat Builder
- Disclaimers – for example require users to check a box before adding to cart
- Infinite scrolling – implement infinite scrolling on collection pages
- Blog features – make your blog more engaging with custom features